The Bethany Artist & the Bethany Scientist: Lydia & Emil
- "First Swedish Agricultural Company" Lindsborg Founders, 1868 >
- Their "Bethany Lutheran Church" 1869 >
- Their "Bethany Lutheran Home" Since 1907
- Their Lindsborg's "First" Swedish Smoky Valley Community Chronicle 1909 and Their "Second" 1919 >
- Their 1920s Coronado Heights Photographs and their Smoky Valley Historical Association (SVHA)
- Their 1936 1873 Swedish Homestead, "The Old Deere Farm," The Peter J. Larson Farm, etc. >
- Their 1940 Deere Home >
- 1943, After Lydia--The Building of the Lindsborg Hospital
- Their Bethany College Handel's "Messiah" Performances, 1882 on... >
- Their Bethany College 1899 Swedish Artists' Midwest Art Exhibition
- Their Bethany College 1902 "Terrible Swedes," Coach Bennie Owen, Their 1903 "Rockar Stockar"
- Their Bethany College 1904 St. Louis World's Fair Swedish Pavilion
Their Bethany College Anniversary Celebrations: 15, 20, 25, 100 years
- Their Celebrating 15 Years of Bethany College, 1881-1896. The First Bethany Annual, 1895-96
- Their Celebrating 20 Years of Bethany College, 1881-1901. The "Forget-Me-Not," 1902 >
- Their Celebrating 25 Years of Bethany College, 1881-1906, "Souvenir of Lindsborg and Bethany College"
- Their Celebrating 100 Years of Bethany College, 1881-1981, "The Centennial of Bethany College"
- Their "I WAS THERE" Coin ~ Bethany College Celebration, 1902
- Their Bethany College's 1937 Introduction to New Sweden, founded in 1638 >
- Their friend, Emory Lindquist, and his 1975 "Bethany in Kansas, the history of a college" >
- Their friend, Leon Lungstrom, and his 1990 "History of Natural Science and Mathematics at Bethany College, Lindsborg, Kansas"
- The Bethany Artist & the Bethany Scientist: Lydia & Emil >
Swedish Immigration Story, 1854
- "The Story of the Old Spoon" by Ingrid Anderson Sohlberg & Daughter Lydia Sohlberg Deere, 1937
- Who They Left Behind
From Sweden with Love Collections
- The Swedish Sohlberg Kosta Portraits, 1867 >
- The Swedish Sohlberg Royal Gold Thread Embroidery Sampler (c1890s)
- The Swedish Sohlberg Post Cards (c1890s)
- The Swedish Sohlberg Magazines, (c1940s)
- The Swedish Sohlberg Books, 1819/1886 to 1899
- The Swedish Sohlberg Albums, late 19th early 20th centuries
- The Swedish Deere Coins -- 1801-1929
- Lydia Sohlberg Deere's 1927 "Lindsborg Swedish Club's" Handwork >
Artist Lydia Sohlberg Deere
Lydia's Lindsborg Photography, 1900-1925
- Lydia's Art, 1919-1938 >
- Lydia's Art Professor Sven Birger Sandzén, 1871-1954 >
- Lydia's Art Professor Birger Sandzén's "Art Exhibitions" ... 1893-1940 >
- Lydia's Sandzén's Body of Work Reviewed by N.Y.C, 1984 "American Impressionism," author William H. Gerdts
- Lydia's and Sandzén's Swedish Artist Friend Charles Edward Hallberg, 1855-1940
- Lydia's and Sandzén's Swedish Artist Friend Oscar Brousse Jacobson, 1882-1966
- Lydia’s Sohlberg Family Connection to Sandzén, 1880-1894-1993
- Lydia's Lindsborg Photography, 1900-1925 >
Scientist Emil O. Deere
Deere's & Lydia's Bethany -- Lydia's Photography, 1906-1925
- Bethany College "Campus from Above"
- Bethany College "The Gateway" 1917 and "Bethany Campus Association" 1912
- Bethany College "College Street," today's "North First Street"
- Bethany College "Campus Life"
"Bethany College's Earliest Buildings"
- Bethany College "Ladies Dormitory" / "Lane Hart Hall" 1883 - 1899 - 1983
- Bethany College "Old Main" 1887-1968 >
- Bethany College "Messiah Auditorium" / "Ling Auditorium" / "Ling Gymnasium" 1895 - 1946
- Bethany College "Swedish Pavilion" 1904
- Bethany College "Carnegie Library" / "Bethany Library" 1908 - 1980
- Bethany College "Bethany Academy" 1882 -- Swensson's Bethany's Beginnings
Deere's 1959 Interview on Rev. Dr. Carl A. Swensson (On YouTube)
Rev. Dr. Carl Aaron Swensson, 1857-1904
- In Memorium**Dr. Carl Aaron Swensson, 1904
- Rev. Dr. Carl Aaron Swensson, 1857-1904 >
- Deere's Rev. Dr. Ernst F. Pihlblad, 1873-1943 >
- Deere's Swensson's "Bethany College Museum" 1882 - 1966 >
- Deere's Bethany College Field Trips -- Lydia's Photography, 1906-1925 >
- Deere's Dr. Leon Lungstrom on the "Bethany College Museum"
- Deere's Dr. Leon Lungstrom on "Three Pioneer Scientists of Swedish Descent"
- Deere's Smithsonian Institution's Souvenir, 1904
- Deere's 1940 Presidential Address to the Kansas Academy of Science
- Deere's 1955 Letter to President Eisenhower re Tuttle Creek
- Deere's Service, 1901-1966 >
- Deere's & Lydia's Bethany -- Lydia's Photography, 1906-1925 >
"The Other Swedes"
Honoring them and their works . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \\/
- Mrs. Alma Christina Lind Swensson ~ Remembering her as Mrs. Rev. Dr. Swensson, the First Lady of Lindsborg
- Photographer B.G. Gröndal ~ Remembering him for visually documenting Lindsborg and Bethany College in their earliest days
- Miss Alma Luise Olson ~ Remembering her as "First Honored American Woman by Sweden" by Mrs. Elizabeth Jaderborg >
- Artist Birger Sandzén ~ Remembering him for "sharing his art with the world," starting "first" at Lindsborg's Bethany College >
- Dr. William Holwerda ~Remembering him as "Doc Bill," his bedside manner and selfless contributions >
- Artist Lester Raymer ~ Remembering him as the renown virtuoso artist and "behind the scenes" community supporter
- Dr. Arvin W. Hahn ~ Remembering him for saving Bethany College from going under! >
- Dr. Elmer Copley ~ Remembering Bethany College's Oratorio Society Conductor who carried on "that" "Messiah" traditional excellence for 26 years, taking it to new levels >
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jaderborg ~ Remembering her as the founder of the "Lindsborg Swedish Folk Dancers"
- Mr. & Mrs. Hilding Jaderborg ~ Remembering them and their “Swedish Crafts Shop” – 65 years and 50 trips to Sweden
- The Swedish Lindsborg Builders ~ Remembering them for the lovely homes they built
- Dr. Greta Swenson and Mr. & Mrs. Mark Esping ~ Honoring them for founding Lindsborg's “first” "Swedish-American Folklife Institute of Central Kansas." 1986 >
- Ms. Rebecca Copley ~ Honoring her as Bethany College's “first” graduate to become an International Opera Singer
- Mr. Bruce Karstadt ~ Honoring him as a Bethany College graduate for heading up a major national Swedish American institution
- Mrs. Becky Anderson ~ Honoring her as Bethany College's “first” woman graduate to become mayor of "Little Sweden" USA
- Dr. Mark Lucas ~ Messiah conductor bringing the Lindsborg “Oberammergau of the Plains" to a "new" world stage
The Smoky Valley Writers on "The Other Swedes" ~ Their Swedish American Legacy Collection
- Mr. Bror Carlsson and Mr. Alf Brorson from Sweden ~ Chronicling Founder Pastor Olof Olsson's missionary journey to Lindsborg from Värmland, Sweden
- Rev. Dr. Carl Aaron Swensson ~ An author of countless Swedish & English publications, newspapers, articles and books ...
- Bethany Church, Bethany College, Augustana Synod Writers ~ Remembering Rev. Dr. Carl Aaron Swensson and Rev. Dr. Ernst Frederick Pihlblad
- Mrs. Margaret Dahlquist Eddy ~ Providing the only known history on Lindsborg and Bethany College's earliest Swedish photographer, B.G. Gröndal
- Rev. Dr. Alfred Bergin ~ Compiling foundational Swedish Smoky Valley Augustana Lutheran settlements' histories and more
- Dr. Emory Lindquist ~ Chronicling Swedish Augustana Lutheran Lindsborg and Bethany College
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jaderborg [Selma Lind] ~ Chronicling the Lindsborg of her day, its early histories, and more
- Dr. Leon Lungstrom ~ Chronicling college professors and providing the "only known written" account on the Bethany College Museum
- Ms. Karen A. Humphrey ~ Chronicling highlights of Swedish Augustana Lutheran Lindsborg and Bethany College society and culture in the earliest years
- Mr. A. John Pearson & Mr. Kenneth Sjogren ~ Chronicling the Bethany College Presidents
- Mr. Bill Carlson ~ Chronicling Lindsborg's earliest and later histories with a personal connection
- Mr. Chris Abercrombie ~ Remembering him as the "historian," the SVHA president and his body of work
- Mr. Thomas N. Holmquist ~ Chronicling key Swedish Augustana Lutheran Smoky Valley settlements other than Lindsborg
- Rev. Eugene K. Nelson and the Bethany Home Writers ~ Chronicling the "only known written" story on the beginnings of Bethany Home
- Smoky Valley Historical Association Members ~ Researchers, compilers and writers of " Where Did They Live? "
- Smoky Valley History Research Writers Website Designers ~ Their Swedish American Legacy Websites
- Bethany College Swedish Knights and Honored Ladies ~ Their Royal Swedish Legacy Listings
- His Majesty, Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden ~ Honoring him in Lindsborg and at Bethany College, 1976 >
- Honoring them and their works . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \\/ >